THE GOOD SAMARITAN
MIGORI | KENYA
Peter Ouma Oringo and Anette Hellekant Långs are long time friends and the founders of the Good Samaritan Association and the Good Samaritan Children’s Home.
LETTER FROM ANETTE
The Good Samarithan started 2002 in Migori, Kenya as a thought from the Lord Jesus one night (James 1:27). Peter Ouma and Anette talked about it in the morning and we prayed together.
The vision was to help abandoned and parentless children to survive and get a good life. Peter and some others had needy children in their homes at first.
The vision grew and we were able to buy land and build our first house around 2006. The kenyan workers made the bricks themselves.
Slowly the work has grown and we have now over 70 children admitted. It is a go-through-home so around 350-400 childen have found new families during the years. We want the children to stay as short time as possible. As soon as any relative or guardian is found the child can leave. We work closly to the social authorities and have social workers in our staff.
Nowdays we are able to take care of new born babies also. We have several babies under one year. They have been found in different places when desperate mothers have abandoned them.
All children who are in school age are going to local schools. We have 23 primary boarding school children at the moment because we have Americans who supply them with all the schoolfees.
Most of our workers are widows, but we have also men in the staff. Every month 6 very needy widows get some food from us also.
96% of our income goes straight to our home. Our Kenyan workers have shown great faithfullness with our funds thanks to our chairman Rev Peter Ouma.
We appreciate every gift to our work so much. You are always welcome to visit the home.
God bless you so much
Yours in Christ
Anette Hellekant-Långs, Chairman
THE CHILDREN’S HOME
Follow the link below to read more about the home (in Swedish)
Follow the link below to read more about other projects (in Swedish)
OUR CORE VALUES
To save and secure lives of orphans and vulnerable people in desperate situation.
A society where children are respected and valued; where all children are cherished and supported; where they enjoy a fulfilling childhood and realize their full potential.
Good Samaritan Children’s Home exists to provide a foundation for the physical, social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing of orphans and disadvantaged children in the society.
We want to be the manifestation of God’s caring grace and perfect love to OVCs in Kenya. We will endeavor to provide shelter, clothe, feed, educate, disciple and support them in an environment of family and community.
- Respect for children’s rights
- Service and dedication to the well being of children
- Integrity and honesty in the discharge of our mandate
- Professionalism, efficiency and effectiveness
- Equality and fairness
- Transparency and accountability
- Partnership, collaboration and networking
- The ultimate goal of good Samaritan is to save and rescue the life’s of orphans , vulnerable children’s in desperate situation through provision of accommodation, nutritive food, shelter, clothing, education , health services and other necessities that is essential for survival for physical growth , mental development, performance , productive health and well being
- Also to nature a healthy self-feeling, accompanied by appreciation and love to the children’s.
- To provide children’s with a better future thus included social development, education of the children’s through appropriate exposure and experience.
SUPPORT THE WORK
Your support and contributions make a difference!
IBAN number: SE44 8000 0826 4406 3035 4991
BIC code: SWEDSESS
For people in Sweden
> COMING SOON <
Want more information or having inquiries?
Contact us at: email@example.com
The Good Samaritan
Support the work!
IBAN number SE44 8000 0826 4406 3035 4991
BIC code SWEDSESS